Process Operator/Technician: Lithography and Wet Processes
Technology Organization – Fabrication
The person in this role will provide process, metrology & data gathering, and test support for engineers in the development and fabrication of novel quantum bit integrated circuits.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
In 2015, after working in the quantum computing group at IBM, Chad Rigetti founded the company because he believes that the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and that quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. We are a team of scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who share those beliefs and work every day to make them a reality. At present we are entirely venture-backed. Our investors include: Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Vy Capital, Bloomberg BETA, and more.
- Operate lithography, etch, deposition, metrology, and electrical test equipment for wafer processing in a clean-room environment under direction of Process Engineers.
- Maintain equipment and process calibration; process and test devices following standard operating procedures.
- Assist with routine facility upkeep, including chemical waste disposal and replacing gas cylinders as needed.
- Participate in Environmental Safety and Health program.
- Assist all other facility members as necessary.
- 5+ years relevant hands-on semiconductor fabrication experience
- Comfort working in clean room environment, including hazmat handling protocols
- Experience in a small and/or large fabrication process environment
- Hands-on experience using and operating wide range of semiconductor/MEMS processing tools such as PVD, coat/develop track, electrical testing and metrology tools
- Excellent oral communications skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions, thrives well in dynamic team environment
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- High degree of comfort in an agile, small company environment and a positive attitude
- Flexibility in available hours
Nice to Have
- Additional relevant work experience in industry
- B.S. in Engineering
- Cross-functional experience in both research and production environments
- Experience working with small teams or other small-company/startup work environments
We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.