Mechanical Engineer, Packaging
Technology Organization – Engineering Operations
As a Mechanical Engineer, focusing on packaging, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working to design, fabricate and test 3D packaging solutions for quantum integrated circuits. You will primarily work to realize CAD models and assemblies for packaging of quantum integrated circuits.
This will involve an ability to construct CAD models using Solidworks, as well as performing tolerance analysis in complicated assemblies. Knowledge of thermal and mechanical effects in semiconductor applications will be needed and exposure to those concepts in cryogenic environments is a plus.
This work will take place in a broad team of physicists, electrical engineers and process engineers to build functioning prototypes that satisfy a diverse set of requirements. A demonstrated ability to work on multi-physics problems is required, along with experience and/or exposure to RF engineering and micro/nano-fabrication concepts. Good written and oral communication skills are needed, not only to work successfully within the team but to work effectively with 3rd party vendors. Previous experience with packaging semiconductor IC’s will be beneficial in helping to come up with the next generation of packaging for quantum integrated circuits
- 3D CAD modelling using Solidworks
- Experience with tolerance analysis and experience with GD&T
- Experience developing semiconductor packaging solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of thermal and mechanical effects in semiconductor materials
- Knowledge of micro and nano-fabrication techniques
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact across different disciplines
- 4+ years of experience relevant to the above
- Bachelors degree in ME or equivalent
- Exposure to building products for cryogenic environments
- Experience developing MEMS technology
- Python scripting, (especially the scientific python stack eg. numpy, scipy)
- Exposure to RF engineering concepts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.