Berkeley, CA /
Business Operations – Legal /
Rigetti is looking for a talented, energetic, in-house attorney to be our Corporate
Counsel. The primary focus of this hands-on position (and most of the workload) will be
negotiating and structuring enterprise-level commercial transactions with our global
customers, and streamlining our contracting process. You will also be responsible for
handling other legal matters as time permits, and working with the Legal team from our
Berkeley headquarters. This role will report directly to our SVP of Legal.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements including NDAs, MSAs, MOUs, SOWs, reseller agreements, IP licensing and development agreements and government agreements, such as CRADAs.
- Defining risks and be able to communicate those risks to appropriate internal decision-makers for discussion and resolution.
- Interact with various internal clients effectively to address legal and business questions.
- Performing administrative tasks specific to contract management, such as creating files, updating files with ongoing correspondence, managing the contract execution process, and filing executed contracts into internal contract database.
- Building a strong working relationship with Rigetti’s executives and sales team in a fast-paced environment.
- Producing high quality work that reduces the number of cycles needed to close deals.
- Successfully and tactfully negotiating terms with customers of varied backgrounds, including procurement, attorneys, and executives, from small and medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises and government entities.
- Supporting the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration and teamwork.
- Developing licensing structures and terms for Rigetti’s new products, services and revenue models.
- Training and guiding Sales and other professionals within the Company to help them understand and comply with Rigetti’s contracting and other processes and policies.
- Handling other day-to-day legal matters such as inbound licensing, partnering deals, employment, and management of Rigetti’s IP portfolio.
- 5-8 years of relevant legal experience emphasizing technology transactions & commercial contracts
- In-house experience is strongly preferred.
- Accredited JD and a current license.
- Highly motivated self-starter, who excels in a fast-paced, high pressure and demanding environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience in IP licensing and government contracting.
- Detail oriented, well organized and technically adept.
- A passion for driving process improvements.
- Unlimited PTO + Suggested 2-3 week annual paid sabbatical
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly Lyft Credits
- Weekly Dry Cleaning/Laundry Service
- Free Weekly Haircuts
- Breakfast/Catered Lunch/Unlimited Snacks
- 98% coverage on Medical, Dental, Vision
- 16 week paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Offices
- Flexible Work Schedule
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.