Enterprise Business Development Manager/Sales Professional
Business Organization – Go to Market
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our 19-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
Now we are looking for an Enterprise Business Development Manager/Sales Professional to develop and sell quantum computing partnerships. We have a healthy list of Global 1000 corporations and US federal agencies in active pipeline, therefore this opportunity is immediate.
About you: You are an experienced sales professional that is accomplished at selling high-value contracts into Fortune 500 companies. People consider you a leader. You are strong in both written and verbal communications. You have the ability to nurture relationships and identify opportunities for collaboration and business partnerships. Making connections between business challenges and innovative ideas energizes you. You have the ability to work with uncertainties and can bring clarity to complex ideas. You either possess deep industry experience in one of the following industries segments: semiconductor, pharma, finance, automotive, energy or government or you have a technical science based background: Computer Science, Physics or other technical sciences. Ideally you possess both and have the ability to move between technical discussions and then translate those concepts into easily understood business impact discussions. Post-sale, you remain engaged in helping ensure your customer gets the value promised.
- Produce predictable revenue growth
- Work with our Business Analyst to research and plan how to gain access to our target prospects.
- Collaborate with industry partners and build relationships. Build a trusting rapport and strong relationship with customers across multiple points of contact post-sale
- Represent the company industry events and speaking opportunities
- Participate in company sales meetings and planning sessions
- Manage customer data in the company CRM (Salesforce)
- Prepare and apply strategic account-based marketing plans
- Help keep Rigetti focused on delivering the value sold to our partners by maintaining close customer relationships post-sale
- Negotiate commercial issues to a satisfactory conclusion
- Understand the products and their potential usage then seek out new and interesting business applications
- Keep the customer’s agenda in front of the management team
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) required. Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years of work experience that includes driving revenue and relationship management, plus selling to large enterprise companies. This must include technical sales experience, or business development involving large corporate and governmental clients
- Strong strategic partnership expertise
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to influence without authority
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical business, sales and executive leaders
- First-hand experience structuring and negotiating complicated legal contracts and agreements
- Familiarity with Pharma, Automotive, Aerospace, Logistics, Energy or Oil & Gas industries a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.