Senior Quantum Test Engineer
Fabrication – Fabrication
As a Senior Quantum Test Engineer on our Fabrication team, you will contribute to the characterization and qualification of our quantum devices. You will work towards improving the performance and manufacturability of our superconducting quantum devices, and will be responsible for conducting cryogenic measurements of these devices for providing feedback to both fabrication and QPU engineering teams. This role will also involve contributing to the improvement of our characterization procedures, and is a bridge between R&D and manufacturing of Rigetti's quantum devices.
- Characterizing chips for the fabrication team
- Qualifying fabrication processes for integration into quantum device production
- Coordinating cooldowns with the Technical Operations team
- Collaborating across teams to help improve our automated calibration scripts
- M.S. or PhD degree in Physics, MSE, EE, or related fields
- Prior experience in experimental physics or hardware test engineering
- Strong programming ability in Python
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Growth mindset and excitement to learn
Nice to Have:
- Prior technical role in an industry or start-up environment
- Exposure to DC and RF measurement techniques
- Prior exposure to basic concepts of qubits and quantum computing
- Experience with git, unit tests, and collaborative code development
- Unlimited PTO + Suggested 2-3 annual sabbatical
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly Lyft Credits
- Weekly Dry Cleaning/Laundry Service
- Free Weekly Haircuts
- Breakfast/Catered Lunch/Unlimited Snacks
- 98% coverage on Medical, Dental, Vision
- 16 week paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Offices
- Flexible Work Schedule
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 140 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.