Sr. Facilities Engineer
The Sr. Facilities Engineer at Rigetti Computing plays a critical role in ensuring our team of scientists and engineers have the core infrastructure, facilities, and services required to carry out their day-to-day work and meet the company's aggressive goals. We are a fast-growing company that is expanding its R&D laboratory and office facilities. Your objective is to support our growth by ensuring the efficient running and maintenance of our facility's systems, and managing complex projects that add space, functionality, and capabilities to our operation.
You are equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves to fix problems, to fix HVAC, plumbing, construction or gas handling issues, to lead the design and renovation of new facilities upgrades, or to work with architects and contractors to realize a vision for world-class lab. You are a capable negotiator and exceptional project manager, ensuring projects are implemented on time and within budget and meet our organizational objectives. You can find creative and timely solutions to space, utility and other constraints, and experienced in EHS and preventative facilities maintenance.
- 15+ years of experience in engineering and facilities management
- 10+ years of experience in high-tech industries such as semiconductor, solar, clean tech, aerospace, or advanced manufacturing.
- Can fix anything mechanical, and are confident defining statements of work and supervising HVAC, Electrical, plumbing, painting and other contractors
- Experience with competitively bidding projects and negotiating fair deals, with a personal network of proven and trusted contractors
- Experience with permits and planning in the cities of Berkeley and Fremont
- Project management training
- Ability to work shifted hours and provide on-call support
- Electrical or mechanical engineering degree
- Certified electrician or accredited maintenance engineer
- EHS training
- Ability to create Electrical line drawings
- HVAC and PCW system design experience
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.