Federal Programs Manager
Engineering Strategy – Rigetti Federal
The Federal Programs Manager is responsible for synchronizing projects and managing the process to deliver the world’s most powerful computers to US federal government customers. This accomplished engineer works cross-functionally across the computing stack to translate customer requirements into inspiring work priorities to deliver hybrid quantum-classical computing capabilities. The Federal Programs Manager is part of the Engineering Strategy team and works closely with Rigetti’s executives across both the business and technical staffs.
- Write winning contract proposals
- Establish and coordinate administrative requirements for customers in this vertical
- Manage the cost, schedule, and scope of a portfolio of technical projects
- Assist with building a team for this business vertical
- Coordinate and manage business development with potential customers
- Coordinate customer success
- Collaborate to build, implement, and orchestrate multiple technical projects
- Coordinate with the product management team to align program goals and milestones with customer and business strategy objectives
- Resolve differences, adapt to unexpected events, and facilitate change to achieve outcomes; provide timely guidance to cross-functional stakeholders
- Establish and manage expectations and relationships across the company to achieve program goals
- Capture and implement learning to improve programs
- Deliver tools that provide insight on program status to a variety of stakeholders
- Advise and coordinate on cybersecurity plans
- Demonstrated success as a technical program manager for federal programs related to cybersecurity and US national security
- Broad network of contacts within the federal government
- Expertise in federal acquisition processes
- Experience as a supervisor or empowered cross-functional leader
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of change management principles and organizational dynamics
- Robust communication skills with both senior executives and technical experts
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and solve critical challenges in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- You initiate new projects with little guidance or supervision
- A flexible mindset to tailor management processes to various team cultures and needs
- High emotional intelligence, including the ability to inspire and influence peers
- Bachelor's degree in math, science, engineering, cybersecurity, or related technical field
- PMP certification
- Cybersecurity credential
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.