Electron Beam Lithography Engineer - Fabrication
Technology Organization – Fabrication
The Electron Beam Lithography Engineer at Rigetti Fab-1 will develop and carry out electron-beam lithography processes for fabrication of novel quantum bit devices.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our 19-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Forest platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Develop. optimize, and maintain electron-beam lithography processes for the fabrication of quantum circuits
- Operate electron-beam lithography tool for both production and development
- Assist in identifying process deviations, failures, and optimization opportunities and work with senior engineer to develop and implement improvements
- Work with vendor and senior engineer to troubleshoot tool(s) as necessary
- Carry out and maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and equipment and process calibration procedures
- Operate additional lithography, etch, deposition, and metrology tools for wafer processing in a clean-room environment
- 5+ years relevant hands-on lab experience
- Hands-on experience using electron-beam lithography tools and related processes (such as resist coating and development)
- Comfortable working in Clean Room environment, including hygiene protocols and hazmat handling protocols
- Excellent oral communication skills, ability to work in fast-paced team environment
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment
- Detail oriented, comfortable with computer-based recipe and wafer tracking systems
- Comfortable with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- C/Python coding skills
- MS in Engineering or Physics
- Hands-on experience using and operating wide range of semiconductor/MEMS processing tools such as PVD, coat/develop track, and metrology tools
- Additional industry experience
- Cross-functional experience in both research and production environments
- Experience with small teams or other small-company/startup work environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.