Senior Software Architect
Technology Organization – Software Engineering
As a Senior Software Architect, you will design and build the systems with which all of our customers interface. While advocating software best practices, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with world-class engineers and physicists to pioneer the most advanced Quantum Computing Platform in the world.
- As a member of engineering leadership, provide strategic recommendations for software development design/architecture, application frameworks and deployment best practices.
- Design and scale our microservices architecture and deploy container-based software.
- Lead cloud security and compliance initiatives.
- Evangelize cloud architecture, ensuring various engineering groups (Product Management/DevOps/etc.) adhere to the architectural framework and its principles
- Remain close to the code
- 7+ experience in modern software architecture, with a strong understanding of scalability, reliability and in RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker and preferably Kubernetes
- Ability to identify, prioritize and facilitate the solving of critical problems in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Robust communication skills - able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, including the ability to both effectively engage and inspire one’s team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.