Senior Electronic Technician
Technology Organization – Engineering Operations
Rigetti Computing needs a talented Senior Electronic Technician to take prototype designs from engineering, construct prototype circuits and then test, troubleshoot, and verify operation of the prototypes. She/he will assist in all aspects involved in moving from the prototype phase of design to engineering product release to manufacturing. This will include:
● assembling circuits based on requirements provided by senior level engineers
● assembling test fixtures
● managing and maintaining the electronics laboratory
● testing and assembly for new hardware design board reworks as needed
- Fabricate surface mount or through-hole PCBAs
- Build and test engineering prototypes using both electronic and mechanical skills
- Test consumer electronics products for power requirements and product line compatibility
- Document test results in written reports.
- Support product sample testing and characterization, including the use of software testing.
- Generate test procedures for electronic assemblies and subassemblies.
- Support design and development of small cable assemblies with electronic device connectors
- Assemble and test experimental electrical parts or make changes in parts according to an engineer's instructions.
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout, and troubleshooting functions.
- Work with hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, wire cutters, pliers, and soldering irons.
- Use precise instruments such as voltmeters, current meters, oscilloscopes, curve tracers and other test equipment that is common in electronics labs.
- Be able to read and understand CAD drawings, product specifications, and engineering handbooks
- Research/evaluate new methods, tools, and processes for continuous improvement efforts.
- 2-year technical degree in Electronics
- 5 years of related experience in test, design, and development
- Solid understanding of analog and digital circuits
- Solid understanding of test instrument operation, power supplies, function generators, multimeters, oscilloscopes
- Proven soldering skills, including through-hole (THT) and surface-mount (SMT)
- Able to troubleshoot complex electronic circuits and assemblies down to the component level
- Commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals deadlines
- Attentive to detail, completing multiple and repetitive tasks with urgency
- Able to work independently and productively with little or no supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel or Google Docs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.