Director of Infrastructure, Quantum Cloud
Business Organization – Information Technology / IT
As the Director, you will lead the Cloud Infrastructure and IT team in the next phase of the Rigetti’s growth. Your team will be critical to the success of our Quantum Cloud Services (QCS) strategy and continuous deployment.
We’re looking for an expert and leader in Cloud Infrastructure that combines technical breadth and depth with strong management chops and take our current cloud platform to the next level -- give our customers the most reliable, most available, most secure, and most cost-effective Quantum Cloud Compute platform on the planet!
The is a hands-on role and a great opportunity for an emerging or experienced leader to part of the next big Quantum Cloud Compute industry.
- 10+ years of experience in a Data Center environment responsible for our Quantum Cloud Infrastructure
- Lead the enterprise IT Infrastructure with high availability, superior performance in a 24x7 infrastructure support delivery model
- Experience building and managing IT and Cloud infrastructure teams larger than 5
- Hands-on architecture, design, and implementation of all systems
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams to develop and drive a roadmap enabling the success of QCS
- Point person for all critical issues that affect the storage, compute, networking and virtual infrastructure
- Establish a culture of engineering excellence while maintaining a strong focus on security and operational quality
- Partner with cross-functional engineering functions to develop and implement comprehensive our engineering environment combined with our CI/CD and Production cloud deployments
- Drive continuous improvement of Infrastructure as it relates to systems and networking
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current trends and developments and provide guidance and counsel to senior management and business groups on infrastructure
- Hire great people and create a team culture of accountability and maintain morale and high standards
- Manage the day to day activities of the infrastructure services team
- Management of the team's budget and related financial processes
- Responsible for all corporate security
- A hands-on and adaptable leadership style with a commitment to driving results. Bias towards execution, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Growth mindset, strategic thinker with a startup innovation mindset. Leadership with humility, a team player always
- Expert knowledge of development and deployment of distributed systems in production at scale and have managed large systems
- Strong technical hands-on experience, able to clearly articulate strategy, plans, and execution at both the executive and detailed level
- Must be able to design all aspects (networking, storage, compute, virtual infrastructure) from scratch and evolve to meet the business needs
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and succeed in an environment where change is constant and being agile a necessity
- Experience in modern infrastructure technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, etc. Experience with Cloud Service providers (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM, et al)
- Detailed experience building, operating, and managing a public cloud service including all the best practices, tools, services to allow our Quantum Cloud Service to be best in class in all dimensions
- Strong capability to integrating third-party applications (cloud or on-prem) as part of the engineering environment
- Have run all of the IT functions for an enterprise (networking, applications, laptops, servers, compute, etc)
- Expert level experience with technology landscape and vendor/service provider landscape related to public cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services) as well as traditional IT technologies (Network, Storage, Server & Data Center)
- Hands-on experience managing virtualization platforms (OpenStack, VMware, etc), storage, networking (Cisco)
- 10+ years relevant technical experience designing, building, and operating, cloud service infrastructure
- Management/team leadership experience critical
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.