Quantum Computing Theorist
Technology Organization – Device Design & Theory
As a quantum computing theorist at Rigetti Quantum Computing, you will have access to the cutting edge quantum hardware technology to develop your research.
The ideal candidate will have a history of high-impact work, but we're flexible on the details — great research comes from mixing a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Quantum error correcting codes
- Quantum device characterization, validation, and verification
- Quantum algorithms
- PhD in math, physics, or computer science, especially with focus on quantum computation and information theory
- Extensive programming skills, ideally in Python and C/C++
- Solid background in several of: linear algebra, machine learning, optimization, data science
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.