Business Organization – Go to Market
The Communications Associate is responsible for driving awareness of Rigetti’s brand, products and services in one or more customer verticals. This content-focused role involves developing messaging, identifying and pitching media contacts, and producing a variety of written materials tailored to key market audiences. The successful candidate will be an effective and creative communicator with some experience in product marketing, media campaign management, content development, and social media and is looking to grow their experience in a high-performance environment. The Communications Associate reports to the Director of Communications, working closely with the marketing, product, and business development teams.
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials, including media lists, pitches, press releases, blog posts, marketing content, speaking presentations, social media posts, etc.
- Develop messaging for Rigetti’s programs, products, and services in different market segments
- Identify reporters, influencers, and industry contacts and build relationships across one or more customer verticals
- Draw on contacts to generate articles, media, and customer interest in Rigetti
- Analyze media coverage and campaign performance to drive continuous improvement in communications strategies and programs
- Research speaking engagements, events, and outreach opportunities for members of the executive and business teams
- Drive business results through successful execution of communications activities
- 2+ years professional experience in communications, PR, journalism, marketing, or related roles
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Broad understanding of the media landscape; existing relationships with top-tier media a plus
- Affinity for deep technical environments and ability to translate complex topics into accessible, engaging content for non-expert audiences
- Highly organized, action-oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects on deadline
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, take initiative, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Passion for storytelling and emerging technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.