Technology Organization – Hardware Engineering
As a Technician in the TechOps organization at Rigetti Computing you will contribute to the heart of our quantum computing technology by working with dilution refrigerators, microwave electronic circuits, mechanical assemblies and hardware, to bridge the fabrication and testing of quantum computing devices.
The role of the TechOps team is to deliver reliable, high availability test systems to enable an optimized fab-to-test cycle. Some of your daily responsibilities and activities will include assembling, disassembling, and cycling cryo units, monitoring key process parameters for anomalies, developing and maintaining best practices and standard operating procedures, and technical troubleshooting.
In this role, you will draw on your education and practical experience in electro-mechanical systems (ideally cryogenic systems) to apply and troubleshoot designs, working closely between the TechOps and Assembly Teams. You will help to implement the next generation of hardware and chip support infrastructure. Ideally you will have previously performed a hands-on function with interdisciplinary advanced technology teams in the military, at industry-leading companies, or in academic labs.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
In 2015, after working in the quantum computing group at IBM, Chad Rigetti founded the company because he believes that the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and that quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. We are a team of scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who share those beliefs and work every day to make them a reality. At present we are entirely venture-backed. Our investors include: Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Vy Capital, Bloomberg BETA, and more.
- Working with complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Assembling, servicing, and maintaining scientific instruments
- Preparing chip assemblies for testing
- Troubleshooting, following wiring diagrams, and soldering
- Assembling cryogenic heat exchange systems
- RF and coaxial cable assembly and cryogenic conditioning
- Following established documents/procedures and creating them as needed
- Experience working with and maintaining large equipment of high availability systems
- Meticulous attention to detail in assembly, bolt torqueing, parts cleaning and fit-checking
- Understanding of materials and techniques at mK temperatures
- Experience assembling, servicing and maintaining scientific instruments and/or complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Associate's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, plus 1-5 years job experience or equivalent military experience
We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to approach problems from more points of view, and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.