Chemical & Facility Technician
The individual in this role will play a key role in creating the world-class capabilities necessary to produce these unique devices. This role requires a diverse and wide ranging skill set in wafer fabrication environment.
Position Purpose: Manages and conducts all chemical operations, facilities monitoring and some facility maintenance functions in support of a new wafer fabrication facility.
- Executes daily pouring and monitoring of all process chemicals and inventories
- Daily collection of chemical wastes generated during process, maintenance and cleaning operations
- Coordinates hazardous waste shipments to permitted TSDF
- Maintains inventory control of all site chemicals and compressed gases
- Routinely assists equipment specialist with tasks such as gas bottle and filter changes
- Manages inventory and distributes fab consumables and cleanroom garments
- Conducts and records daily rounds of all site facilities systems
- Conducts RO water skid filter changes
- Perform some preventative maintenance of mechanical systems
- Support and participate in Environmental, Safety and Health program
- Active member of the site emergency response team (ERT)
- 10+ years previous industry experience
- Hands-on experience with wet process systems
- Deep understanding of mechanical facilities systems and equipment
- Comfortable working with hazardous chemicals; experience with hazmat handling protocol
- The ability to wear a respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Comfortable working in Clean Room environment; experience with Clean Room hygiene protocols
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, self-motivated, ability to work in team environment
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment
- Current 40 hour HazWoper Certification
- Certification in hazardous materials and DOT requirements
- Cross-functional experience in both research and production environments
- Experience using relevant software programs, including MS Office, Fab MES, SPC, and others
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.