Business Organization – Finance & Supply Chain
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee various accounting operations under direction of company’s Controller. The Senior Accountant will serve as an integral part of all company’s finance activities. The Senior Accountant responsibilities at Rigetti include reconciling account balances and transactions, maintaining general ledger and routine postings and running month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent system skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating with a team of accountants and junior accountants. Duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Lead a process of modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Monitor actual budget use versus planned use
- Lead tax return preparation efforts
- Plan, assign, and review Accounting team’s work; manage early career Accountant(s)
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- 3-5 years experience in Accounting
- Proficient in Netsuite
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- BS degree in Accounting
- Customer-focused and collaborative
- Meet department timelines
- Working in a start-up environment
- Accounting for Fabrication or Manufacturing
- Experience with bill.com and Expensify
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.