Berkeley, CA /
Business Organization – Finance /
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee various accounting operations under direction of company’s Controller. The Senior Accountant will serve as an integral part of all company’s finance activities. The Senior Accountant responsibilities at Rigetti include reconciling account balances and transactions, maintaining general ledger and routine postings and running month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent system skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Lead a process of modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Monitor actual budget use versus planned use
- Lead tax return preparation efforts
- Plan, assign, and review Accounting team’s work; manage early career Accountant(s)
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- 3-5 years experience in Accounting
- Skilled in Netsuite
- Experience in Vlookup
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- BS degree in Accounting
- Customer-focused and collaborative
- Meet department timelines
- Working in a start-up environment
- Accounting for Fabrication or Manufacturing
- Experience with bill.com and Expensify
- Unlimited PTO + Suggested 2-3 annual sabbatical
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly Lyft Credits
- Weekly Dry Cleaning/Laundry Service
- Free Weekly Haircuts
- Breakfast/Catered Lunch/Unlimited Snacks
- 98% coverage on Medical, Dental, Vision
- 16 week paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Offices
- Flexible Work Schedule
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.