Quantum IC Designer
Technology Organization – Fabrication
As a Quantum IC Design Engineer, you will drive systematic improvements to Rigetti Computing’s quantum processors through modeling and design. You will be actively involved in realizing the chips that are at the core of our technology stack. You will contribute to our quantum hardware simulation tools and use them to model the classical and quantum dynamics of superconducting circuits. You will lay out and design multi-qubit circuits for fabrication and develop next-generation quantum processors.
- Write and extend custom simulation tools to perform quantum analysis
- Build CAD models of quantum circuits using commercial software (HFSS)
- Design, lay out, and simulate quantum processors
- Collaborate with fabrication and experimental teams to determine different circuit architectures to fabricate and measure
- Significant software engineering experience (Python, Julia is a plus). For this role, we will consider all levels of candidate - entry - senior.
- Understanding of quantum mechanics, preferably including circuit quantum electrodynamics
- Formal mathematical skills, specifically linear algebra and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across diverse teams of expert engineers
- BS or BASc in Physics/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of computational modeling, in particular of quantum circuits, integrated or lumped element electrical circuits
- Demonstrated contributions to open source software
- Experience with RFIC design and CAD workflows
- Experience using commercial EM solvers (HFSS, COMSOL, CST)
- Research and/or industry experience
- Understanding of semiconductor fabrication processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.