Business Organization – Finance
As the Controller at Rigetti, you will play a crucial role in managing and overseeing our accounting operations. You will report to the VP Finance and be responsible for establishing and maintaining the company’s key accounting policies, controls, and business systems. This includes developing new policies, implementing procedures & systems, and producing month end financials in accordance with GAAP.
Due to our lean team and fast-paced environment, you will need to be versatile, a quick learner, have an impeccable eye for detail, and be willing to roll up your sleeves every day. You will also need to be capable of putting solid analyses in the hands of your business partners with recommendations on tangible actions. Above all, you will be driven, prioritize critical thinking, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Manage all accounting activities with adherence to GAAP and internal policies and procedures
- Lead activities for GL, AP, AR, loan accounting, revenue, PPE, and payroll
- Partner closely with key functional leaders to improve processes and streamline accounting objectives
- Oversee month-end close including journal entries, reconciliations, cost allocations, balance sheets, and P/L accounts
- Develop internal procedures to ensure accurate financial reports, data, and asset maintenance
- Develop new technical accounting practices and propose appropriate improvements
- Establish effective, open, and fluid communications with all levels of workforce and management
- Develop, manage and coach a team over time.
- 6-12+ years including public accounting experience and progressive growth in scope/responsibilities
- MS in accounting, CPA preferred
- Experience and proven record in leading and controllership functions, ideally at a life sciences or manufacturing technology firm
- Passion for working cross functionally--the candidate will be able to manage working relationships across multiple key stakeholders including our Engineering, Operations, Finance, Legal, and Facilities teams
- Experience as the administrator for ERP and Payroll systems
- Excellent verbal communications skills; ability to work in fast-paced team environment
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 140 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.