Electron Beam/Optical Lithography Engineer
Technology Organization – Fabrication
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
The individual in this role will spend every day immersed in the hands-on fabrication of these unique devices.
Position Objective: Responsible for lithography (E-Beam and Optical) aspects of development and fabrication of novel quantum bit devices.
- Develop and establish electron beam lithography and optical lithography processes
- Responsible for fabrication of devices, both development and production
- Work with other team members, responsible for tools, material and process aspects of the module
- Establish metrics, monitors and process controls to run an efficient and predictable process
- Work with tool suppliers, maintain high uptime of tools and module; responsible for equipment and process calibration and monitors
- Operate additional processes as required for wafer processing in a clean-room environment in collaboration with other Process Engineers
- Assist with routine facility upkeep, including chemical waste disposal and replacing gas cylinders as needed; participate in Environmental Safety and Health program
- Assist all other facility members as necessary
- >10 years relevant hands-on experience in a Semiconductor Fab
- MS/PhD in Engineering/Science
- Hands-on experience with electron-beam lithography, optical lithography and related processesUnderstanding of materials, process and equipment interaction
- Experience using and operating wide range of semiconductor/MEMS processing tools such as PVD, coat/develop track, and metrology tools
- Cross-functional experience in both research and production environments
- Excellent oral communications skills, ability to work in dynamic team environment
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment and/or in an established semiconductor fab
- Detail-oriented and comfortable with computer-based recipe and wafer tracking systems
- Familiar with relevant software, including statistical packages and Fab lot tracking
- Comfortable working in a clean room environment, including hygiene protocols and hazmat handling protocols.
Nice to Have
- Comfortable with MS Office and/or Google Docs
- Foreign Language skills: Mandarin
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.