Algorithms & Applications Researcher - Quantum Simulation
Technology Organization – Device Design & Theory
As an Algorithms & Application Researcher at Rigetti Computing, you will research and develop algorithms and applications for our quantum hardware technology. You will work collaboratively with both our internal research and engineering teams as well as external partners and the academic community.
We hope you come from a history of high-impact work, but we're flexible on the details — great research comes from mixing a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints. We’re especially passionate about candidates with experience producing great research papers AND great code.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Technical Backgrounds of Particular Interest
- Quantum simulation of chemical systems (electronic structure and dynamics)
- Condensed matter theory (static properties of systems, strong correlation, transport, method development)
- Open quantum systems
- Develop and implement novel hybrid classical/quantum algorithms
- Develop software tools for quantum programming
- Technical achievements in one or more of the technical background areas
- Experience and background in writing mathematical and scientific software
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Strong appetite for learning
- Demonstrated success in teams
Nice to Have
- Published research in the technical background areas
- Contributions to open source software projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.