Algorithms & Applications Researcher - Quantum Simulation
Technology Organization – Device Design & Theory
As an Algorithms & Application Researcher at Rigetti Computing, you will research and develop algorithms and applications for our quantum hardware technology. You will work collaboratively with both our internal research and engineering teams as well as external partners and the academic community.
We hope you come from a history of high-impact work, but we're flexible on the details — great research comes from mixing a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints. We’re especially passionate about candidates with experience producing great research papers AND great code.
Technical Backgrounds of Particular Interest
- Quantum simulation of chemical systems (electronic structure and dynamics)
- Condensed matter theory (static properties of systems, strong correlation, transport, method development)
- Open quantum systems
- Develop and implement novel hybrid classical/quantum algorithms
- Develop software tools for quantum programming
- Technical achievements in one or more of the technical background areas
- Experience and background in writing mathematical and scientific software
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Strong appetite for learning
- Demonstrated success in teams
Nice to Have
- Published research in the technical background areas
- Contributions to open source software projects
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.