Technical Program Manager
Engineering Strategy – Engineering Strategy
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for synchronizing dozens of technical projects to deliver the world’s most powerful computers to key customers. This engineer works cross-functionally across the computing stack to integrate our customers’ strategic interests into inspiring work priorities, milestones, and goals.
- Collaborate to build, implement, and orchestrate dozens of projects that comprise the development program for key customers
- Manage the cost, schedule, and scope of the technology roadmap to deliver complex technical products to a cutting-edge customer
- Integrate technical work across teams, levels, and functions to achieve unity of effort
- Coordinate with product managers to align program goals and milestones with customer and business strategy objectives
- Gather diverse perspectives to inform program plans and decisions
- Resolve differences, adapt to unexpected events, and facilitate change to achieve outcomes; provide timely guidance to cross-functional stakeholders
- Establish and manage expectations and relationships across the company and with the customer to achieve program goals
- Capture and implement learning to improve programs
- Guide technical learning and collaboration between teams
- Deliver tools that provide insight on program status to executive, business, and technical staffs
- Demonstrated success in program management
- Experience as an empowered cross-functional leader
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of change management principles and organizational dynamics
- Robust communication skills with both senior executives and technical experts
- Experience or clear potential to work directly with technical customers
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and solve critical challenges in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Skilled initiating and organizing new projects with little guidance or supervision
- Flexible mindset to tailor management processes to various team cultures and needs
- High emotional intelligence, including the ability to inspire and influence peers
- Bachelor's degree in math, science, engineering, or related technical field
- 3-5 years experience in project/program management
- Technical program management experience including both hardware and software
- PMP certification
- Experience with federal programs or the US national security enterprise
- Foundry, MEMS, or semiconducting experience
- Prior experience at a start-up
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.