Full-stack Web Engineer
As a full-stack engineer on the Rigetti software team, you’ll develop performance tools and web applications that help us configure, test and analyze our quantum computers.
Rigetti engineers are a passionate, dedicated team working across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines including RF electronics, cryogenics, superconducting circuits, mechanical engineering and computer science. We build our software using reliable technologies such as Docker, Flask, Linux, Postgres and Python. Expertise in these areas is a plus but having familiarity with other common web languages and relational databases are fine substitutes. We are looking for engineers who understand that simplicity and reliability are aspects of a system to be carefully evaluated with every technical decision. The full-stack web engineer is a foundational role in our software organization and will form the kernel of a growing web team.
- Prototype a web application for browsing test and measurement data.
- Whiteboard a fix to our production software and then make it happen.
- Work with internal customers on designing and coding a REST API.
- Collaborate with peers to provide feedback on a technical design proposal.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
- You have worked with a variety of back-end frameworks (ex: Flask, Rails, Play).
- You have worked with multiple front-end frameworks (ex: jQuery, Angular, React).
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You know how the web works (HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.) and can explain it.
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.