Austin, TX /
Business Intelligence – Business Intelligence /
RigUp is changing the way work is done. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Analytics team at RigUp is hiring a Data Analyst who will be responsible for helping RigUp make data-driven decisions to unlock growth.
We are looking for a strong data analyst to come join RigUp and help us drive analytic insights and best practices at scale from the ground up. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data background with acute product and business acumen to deliver highly strategic and compelling insights that accelerate our business growth and influence our product decisions.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is excited by the challenge of being part of a rapidly changing and maturing data environment and enjoys solving complex and ambiguous problems. Sound like you? Keep reading
What you'll be doing:
- Support RigUp’s rapid growing business and product teams
- Work with multi-functional teams to define requirements for ad-hoc data analysis and reporting, being able to work independently to propose solutions to address business or product needs
- Bring a sophisticated level of statistical and quantitative analysis to enable growth for RigUp
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Build metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor operational efficiency
- Apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve company performance
- Use an understanding of business strategy and analytics to move our company forward
- Assist with new business or product experimentation including design, roll-out, and monitoring
- Work to mature RigUp’s company-wide data environment
What you should have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics
- 2+ years of SQL experience (Hive, Spark, and other big data tools a plus)
- 2+ years of Python experience (experience in R a plus)
- Proven execution and impact on initiatives that cross multiple product areas and work with leadership and product teams
- Background in data visualization and reporting, using open source libraries/packages and third-party tools (Tableau or similar)
- Able to drive complex projects to successful completion
- Able to identify stakeholders, establish relationships, and influence others to get work done
- Strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!