Head of Design
San Francisco, CA
The Head of Design owns the design of Rimeto's mobile and web products, oversees all branding, and influences the entire business. This person stewards user experience across all Rimeto products and features.
Rimeto is passionate about design and committed to delivering a world-class design experience for our customers. We see design as a strategic advantage as we reinvent workplace tools, and this person sets the standard across everything we do.
The Head of Design reports directly to Rimeto's co-founders, and partners with them on key strategic decisions, as the voice of design for our overall product and marketing strategy.
This role also oversees Rimeto's growing design team, including attracting and developing additional design talent over time and hiring and managing external support (e.g. freelancers, agencies)
- 8+ years experience in high quality software product design across desktop and mobile, including mentoring others
- Owned product design end-to-end for successful products
- Passionate about building software users love with technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design.
- Experience with and affinity for complex product architectures
- Comfortable wearing the Product Management hat
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization. Enjoys collaborating cross-functionally with Engineering and others.
- Ability to hire and lead a world-class design team, including internal and external members
- Organized and consistently advocates for design methodologies and processes
- Strong leadership skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with an ownership mentality.
- Balances optimization for speed with quality, and taking risks
- Ability to work on-site in San Francisco
- Pluses: SaaS background, technical expertise, and start-up experience
What you'd do
- Lead design for Rimeto, including all elements of strategy, style, implementation, etc.
- Build and lead Rimeto's design team
- Oversee design projects end-to-end from product ideation, to research and execution for both new and existing products
- Own the design systems and strategy across Rimeto - including our product, brand and marketing
- Partner closely with the Founders, Engineering and others to to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, successfully executed, and delight customers
- Prioritize and guide new projects based on company goals and business objectives
- Be a public-facing ambassador for Rimeto for design and beyond
Why you'd love us
- You'll have a broad design and product mandate inside a high-growth tech business
- We're dedicated to helping each other grow personally and professionally
- The entire company is is committed to world-class user experience
- We use design best practices that thoughtfully balance speed with craftsmanship
Passionate. Entrepreneurial. Collaborative. Curious. Empathetic. Humble, yet confident.
Rimeto is a high growth, well funded start-up founded bringing mobile first, world class user experience to workplace productivity.
Ted Zagat, Neville Bowers, and Maxwell Hayman are complementary teammates and friends from Facebook, where they were long time veterans. They are passionate about empowering people to do their best work.