Software Engineer, Intern (Winter or Summer)/Co-op
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for software engineering interns/co-ops to help build our core product across mobile, web, and backend, as well as influence our entire product and business. Technical challenges include: architecting our mobile and web product experiences, scaling our distributed service infrastructure, and optimizing our content ranking algorithms through machine learning.
This internship/co-op has a minimum twelve (12) week duration.
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field. Enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Comfort in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Creative and good at solving problems quickly.
- Preferred: demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, research/work experience, coding competitions, or publications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2018.
What you'd do in a typical week
- Work directly with fellow Engineers, as well as Product and Design to create and refine specs for a new feature.
- Create view components, extend the data model, and write unit tests.
- Discuss technical challenges such as architecting mobile and web product experiences, scaling our distributed services infrastructure, and building our data processing pipelines.
- Get mentored by other engineers. (We love code reviews!)
- Influence product and business strategy.
Why you'd love us
- Work across the stack to build our core product (mobile, web, and backend).
- Own end-to-end design and development of new features.
- Select technologies that make the most sense — we're not afraid to try something new if we feel it could be useful.
- Freedom to pick the challenges you find most interesting.
- We move fast, with multiple releases every day and an iterative approach to developing new features and measuring their success.
- We use engineering best practices that thoughtfully balance speed with craftsmanship.
- User centric. We think people-centered workplace software should be impactful and enjoyable.
- Diversity. We value diverse perspectives and backgrounds, particularly for their contributions to our product and workplace.
- Learning. We see promise in one another and are committed to building an environment where we can learn and grow together.
- Leadership. We aim for everyone to be a leader, regardless of their role. Impatience with the status quo motivates our team to take action instead of waiting for permission.
- Long game. We want to create a product and company that is enduring and valuable for our clients, partners and team.
Passionate. Entrepreneurial. Collaborative. Curious. Empathetic. Humble, yet confident.
Rimeto is a high growth, well funded start-up founded bringing mobile first, world class user experience to workplace productivity.
Ted Zagat, Neville Bowers, and Maxwell Hayman are complementary teammates and friends from Facebook, where they were long time veterans. They are passionate about empowering people to do their best work.