Software Architect (PHP/Vue) - Remote
United States /
Engineering – Development /
Rimsys is on a mission to improve global health. Our Regulatory Information Management (RIM) software digitizes and automates regulatory activities, helping MedTech companies establish and secure global compliance and bring life-saving products to market more quickly. Rimsys is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA (position can be in-office, hybrid or remote) and is growing rapidly with an expanding list of large enterprise customers.
We are extraordinarily proud of the company we've built so far not to mention humbled to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Pittsburgh. Our people are Rimsys' biggest competitive advantage and we'll continue to invest in our team and people-first culture.
As the Software Architect at Rimsys, you will be responsible for enabling our engineering teams to build high quality software solutions for our SaaS product offering. You will report directly into the Director of Engineering and work closely with senior stakeholders, fellow architects, software engineers and product managers in delivering industry leading solutions. Your tech savvy skills will allow you to enhance existing infrastructure, security and performance for our various software platforms.
This role is available in the following locations: Pittsburgh, PA, Hybrid or Remote
Time Zone Requirements
Our team operates on the East Coast time zone.
Our team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur one week per year at our Pittsburgh office. If you need to travel to attend this session, Rimsys will cover travel related expenses.
How you'll make an impact:
- Provide technical leadership and architectural patterns to our overall engineering group
- Apply the very best technical agile patterns and practices when building custom software solutions.
- Embrace and implement modern technologies and frameworks
- Promote innovative and elegant software design while actively helping to drive the team toward best practices and solutions with a focus on security, reliability, testability, and maintainability
- Take responsibility and ownership of your projects
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to understand, build, maintain, and support the long term technological roadmap, including internal and external features.
- Coordinate with Product Management and analyze all functional and nonfunctional software projects requirement.
- Write Knowledge Base articles for both internal and external users to document and explain technical features in PowerTrack.
- Perform code and design reviews
- Mentor junior team members
Technical skills required:
- Agile software development process
- Git / Github PR reviews
- VueJS / NuxtJS / Webpack
- CSS3 / HTML
- PHP / Laravel
- MySQL or Postgres experience
We'll be extra excited if you have these tech skills:
- DevOps / Docker / Kubernetes
- Large scale deployments
- ISO 27001 & SOC2 Compliance
- Healthcare industry experience
- AWS / Lambda
- Tailwind CSS
- Redis / Mongo
- Machine Learning / AI Development
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in experience designing and implementing software applications
- Bachelors or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent level work experience)
- Proficiency with at least one server-side languages/frameworks such as PHP and Laravel
- Multiple years in an architecture role within an Agile Development organization
- Extensive experience with cloud architecture, preferably with AWS
- Experience working through the software development life cycle on software development teams and the associated tools (git, Jira, coda, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with SQL and No-SQL database systems
- Significant Hands-on Experience implementing cloud infrastructure, Ideally with AWS Lambda serverless architecture, Kubernetes EKS and ECS offering.
- Passion for keeping current on trends related to frontend architectures, performance techniques, accessibility, localization, security, and web design/user experience
- Comfortable working on a team that experiments with its processes and practices as well as evolving them when necessary
- Comfortable working on distributed onshore/offshore team
- BS Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related / equivalent experience
Benefits available to Rimsys team members include, but are not limited to:
- Flexible working options (in our Pittsburgh office, remote or hybrid)
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus + equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Training and resources for personal and career growth
- Life insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy (Unlimited PTO with a minimum 2 weeks OOO)
- Weekly social events
- Convenient office location with on-site parking for team members in our Pittsburgh office
Rimsys is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices and our employees' experience. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds perspectives and experiences and know that we can only become better together.