Santa Monica, CA
Ring is looking for a Business Analyst to join the Neighbors team and help shape our strategy. The Neighbors team combines innovative Ring technology with community-based initiatives to achieve our mission of making neighborhoods safer.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Engineers, Account Management, and Senior Leadership to define and track KPIs, support strategic initiatives, and evaluate business impacts. You will be responsible for data analysis, dashboard/report building, and metric reviews. You will also help create self-service reporting tools to support the entire team.
The ideal candidate will be curious and comfortable digging deep into data to identify trends and key insights that enable us to expand the impact of our business. You will also be able to retrieve, integrate, visualize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful in improving our decision-making.
- Enable effective decision making: own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards on the key drivers of our business
- Proactively identify key insights: distill the problem, aggregate the required data from multiple sources, analyze the results, and present the findings in a digestible format
- Tackle complex and ambiguous analytic projects: resolve ambiguity as much as possible in all stages, comfortably using various tools to answer complicated questions
- Maintain a culture of high quality output: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure work gets done well and on time, and respond effectively to unexpected obstacles
- 3+ years of work experience applying data analysis and visualization techniques using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, and Tableau
- 3+ years of experience writing complex SQL on large scale data systems
- Proven track record of using data to generate insights and drive business results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
- 3+ years of experience using MixPanel
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.