Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Software
We are looking for QA Engineers to perform new feature testing and validation of the Ring family of devices. In addition, you will be responsible for testing features that expand current product capability and deliver existing features to new countries and regions. QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Experience with QA methodology and tools
- Experience creating, maintaining and executing detailed, customer focused test cases to exercise user level features and end to end product experience
- Experience in Python/Ruby/Java/Go coding and user-level automation
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems and root causing customer facing software issues
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Familiarity with networking concepts and latency testing
- Experience testing performance benchmarks
- Experience in the domain of Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Experience testing audio/video data streaming
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with executing performance, longevity and device interoperability tests in the confines of the mobile application space
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the RingNeighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.