Sr Technical Program Manager - Digital
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join a rapidly growing team in the product organization. You will help engineering and product teams deliver on complex features and engage with various departments to manage short and long-term needs for Ring products. You will work closely with other product and program managers to coordinate the execution of business needs, while simultaneously keeping your stakeholders (e.g. developers, marketing, UX, QA, operations, etc.) focused on achieving their own commitments.
You have a passion for IoT and want to push the boundaries of how things work together to make people's lives better. You are an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude. You thrive when moving a project from ambiguity to clarity. At Ring, you must be capable of sorting through many competing priorities, executing with precision, and succeeding in a complex and fast paced environment. If that challenge excites you, then we’d like to talk to you.
- Drive schedule and technical program development of multiple feature releases simultaneously.
- Support product development from conceptualization through launch with cross-functional teams – creating and managing actionable plans, work streams, tactics, and measurable success criteria.
- Solve ambiguous problems and day-to-day challenges as well as proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Collaborate with product, business, developers, UX and other internal teams to define and address customer needs through new features.
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more product teams, while also helping prioritize requests from multiple stakeholders.
- Lead global and local teams and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Proactively seek out improved mechanisms for visibility, effectively communicating changes and managing expectations around project scope and schedule.
- Design processes that will help us scale the product category and optimize the feature development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in program/project management of consumer facing products, retail/ecommerce apps or web software environment.
- 2+ years supporting iOS and/or Android app development.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including internationally.
- MBA and/or advanced technical degree from a top-tier program.
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing feature development from design to release for large-scale mobile applications.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with a proven track record of delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive process improvements and support decision making.
- Demonstrated history driving technical development in a program management capacity, including development of and reporting on complex program schedules.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.