Social Media & Community Manager
Santa Monica, CA
The Social Community Manager will work on launching and growing social media accounts for the Neighbors team. In addition to maintaining a strong social presence for our branded pages, this position will also be responsible for distributing Neighbors’ content in a variety of ways across external accounts as well. Having tangible experience growing brand awareness via community management and social media is a must. We are not only looking for an agile operator who can manage social posting and an editorial calendar, but one who can also think strategically about ways we can grow our app user base levering organic social media.
- Define and drive organic social strategy, helping maintain and develop voice and tone, channel guidelines, goals and audience targets
- Develop organic social media posting schedule and provide insights to continually optimize our content and communications strategy
- Identify compelling posts for social consideration (national and hyperlocal) based on a set of guidelines
- Communicate with users in real-time regarding ongoing criminal investigations
- Maintain a strong Neighbors presence throughout Facebook community groups
- Distribute weekly internal reports on account growth and recommended improvements
- Coordinate with Ring social media team on customer support related issues
- Ensure brand voice is maintained across all channels, ensuring that our social media personality matches Ring
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to synchronize efforts and effectively communicate goals, strategies, and results
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications related field or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years professional experience in community management for social media accounts or other digital properties
- Launched new social media accounts, Facebook groups, and posting strategies that mapped to engagement and audience building KPIs
- Differentiated social strategies based on channel best practices
- Created and distributed weekly performance reports on overall analytics; diagnosed trends and possible areas for untapped growth
- Offered tactical methods to improve current and future strategies
- Executed growth hacking strategies on social media to build brand awareness
- Organized, detail oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.