Principal Product Manager – Devices
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is seeking a results-oriented, seasoned product manager to join the devices team in developing devices and services that help make neighborhoods safer.
As a Sr Product Manager for Ring, you will be accountable for delivering world-class devices on aggressive schedules, that will be used every day, by people all over the world. You will define products that deliver innovation in user experience and performance and will drive cross-functional teams to bring those products to market. A successful candidate will be analytical with strong business judgement, able to be highly effective under self-direction, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, easy to use products that people love. You will also help define and drive the vision and roadmap of Ring’s emerging technologies product team, helping Ring stay on the forefront of technology, design, and user experience trends.
- Define and drive the business strategy for your products, driven by internal and external analysis
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, profitability, and operational support load
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across disciplines and levels in the organization
- Work alongside hardware and software teams to deliver your products on time, with quality
- Drive product launches with cross functional/go to market teams, including PR, executives, channel partners, and other product management teams
- Garner buy-in of your products and the larger vision with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic and/or tactical issues that impair the teams’ ability to meet goals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience leading product development in a product management capacity
- 8+ years of experience leading the development and launch of consumer electronics device(s), including both hardware and software components.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including internationally
- MBA and/or advanced technical degree, from a top-tier program
- Demonstrated history of successfully bringing novel products to market, such as those that integrate new technology, branch into new consumer segments or other market segments, or start new categories
- Demonstrated ability to champion the voice of other stakeholders in your products
- Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
- Ability to uncover data insights and clearly communicate them to others
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in product management functions and processes across the organization
- Demonstrated history driving technical development in a project/program management capacity, including development of and reporting on complex program schedules
- Broad technical breadth, including familiarity and/or experience with video systems, embedded systems, CV, connectivity/networking, mobile technologies, and web services
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.