Engineering – Engineering / DevOps
Ring is looking for an ambitious DevOps Engineer to join hard working team, that is dedicated to building a system that is always reliable and available to our customers. The ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-pace, challenging, rapidly scaling environment. Must be an excellent team player, yet able to manage their own projects, big and small.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS and cloud platforms
- Help lead initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field)
- Collaborate with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience managing a multi-region environment, 100+ Linux servers- (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS)
- 3+ years of experience managing systems with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- 3+ years of experience with Logging/Monitoring tools (DataDog, Kibana, AirBrake, Runscope)
- 3+ years of experience scripting language (Bash/Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP)
- 3+ years of experience creating continuous integration/deployment in AWS and cloud environments
- Experience working in a high traffic, fault tolerant, & highly available 24/7/365
- Experience with AWS - EC2, ELB, Route53, AutoScaling, IAM, S3, RDS, Elastic cache
- 4+ years of experience managing a global environment
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.