Product Design Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Product / Program / Project Management
As part of the Ring Product Design team and you will be responsible for designing the user interface and experience for Ring Video Doorbells, security cameras, and related services. We’re a user-centric, fast-paced and collaborative team that collaborates with other design, product and engineering teams.
As a Product Design Engineer, you will responsible for the mechanical design, development and quality of products. You will take responsibility for leading project teams, solving technical problem, meeting product objectives, at times delegating tasks to achieve your objectives and mentoring junior engineers. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will identify and initiate investigations of production technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate production designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
This position will require international travel.
- Research into materials and component technologies to scope development opportunities
- Design and test to meet program objectives
- Test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
- Detail part design and product documentation
- Provide Field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
- Support positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives
- Provide cross-functional program integration support to insure team success
- Lead project teams to timely delivery of products
- Manage schedules and milestones
- Manage interaction with overseas resources
- Apply technical expertise to problem solving throughout product lifecycle
- Mentor junior engineers in good product design practice
- 3+ year experience, consumer/handheld product development
- Experience with tooling and materials process validation
- Design experience with high volume/high finish consumer electronics enclosure materials
- Design experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, PCBs, etc.)
- Product validation experience (Shock/Drop, Cycle Testing, Environmental Testing).
- 3D CAD skills, SolidWorks and/or Creo (ProEngineer)
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, with expertise in systems integration; the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team
- Show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments
- Analytic problem solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation