Operations Engineer / Control System Technician
Santa Monica, CA
Operations – Operations / Logistics
Ring is looking for an Operations Engineer for the Reverse Logistics Organization. As a member of the Ring Reverse Logistics team your primary responsibilities include supporting end to end engineering deliverables for global 3rd party service centers, assuring the quality of repaired product as well as supporting the mission to improve product quality and reduce returns. You will work with subject matter experts in video, motion sensing, power and communication technologies to help improve Ring products and overall customer experience.
- Support Ring Go To Market Team (GTM) with preparation of demonstration units
- Organizing, procuring and maintaining adequate stock of product for press releases
- Support Failure Analysis Lab mission to improve product quality and reduce returns
- Perform 1st level triage on returned product for failure analysis
- Understand the technology and functionality of Ring products, and be able to assess the risk to a negative customer experience
- Utilize your comprehensive knowledge of standards, related disciplines, company strategy and goals, to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Understand detailed implications of decisions and recommendations and be able to communicate recommended solutions to development engineering and operations teams.
- Maintain working knowledge of FA Lab equipment, maintenance and service records
- Support end to end Engineering deliverables for global 3rd party service centers based on service strategies including screening and repair for warranty support, pre-owned device sales and part harvesting including
- Developing and maintaining pack out guides
- Assuring Service Bills of Material (BOMs) are available and accurate in a timely manner
- Coordinate with RL Asia team and Contract Manufacturers
- Improve processes that increase team effectiveness in PDP phase as it relates to Reverse Logistics
- Understand current operational capabilities and work on solutions to expand those capabilities.
- Drive continuous improvement. Validate trends reported by CS & engineering teams by testing against criteria defined on a case-by-case basis
- Record and summarize key data generated throughout test processes
- Build test fixtures to support 3PL needs
- Resolve sidelined items from problem shelf at 3rd party service center(s) in accordance with established SLA
- Analyze and resolve receipt issues resulting from product identification
- Coordinate with multifunctional team to update documentation
- Support initiatives for RMA validation
- Identify trends and propose solutions to improve processes
- Ensure quality of repaired product by testing samples taken from B stock based off AQL standards
- Assist with engineering one-off projects & other various tasks for hardware team
- - Examples
- - cable assembly
- - soldering test leads to PCBA for logging
- - hardware disassembly
- - FW flashing for beta team
- Prep scrap for shipment to recycling partner
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics, distribution, fulfillment or manufacturing
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Experience operating RF tester, audio tester, camera tester, and functional tester
- Experience organizing and maintaining calibrated stock of critical test equipment for troubleshooting and debug
- Experience interpreting EE schematics
- Prior hardware device experience a plus
- Proven ability to influence others and facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Expert with relevant commodity manufacturers on Quality and Process improvement projects. Able to understand how to read and interpret engineering documents
- Translate Quality Systems strategy into tactical plans and drive implementation.
- Working knowledge of problem-saving techniques and statistics (e.g. six sigma). Ability to implement problem solving methodology to identify, define and resolve quality issues.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.