PR Manager - Neighbors
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring is looking for an organized, hard-working, and self-motivated full-time public relations professional to join our Neighbors PR team in Santa Monica. As a PR Manager for Neighbors, you will work alongside the PR and Communications Lead and the rest of the PR team, as well as teams across Ring and Amazon to imagine, develop and execute PR communications strategies.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing proactive and reactive media relations, including but not limited to PR plans, pitching media, executing events, tracking coverage and identifying timely opportunities. This individual follows tech news closely and enjoys reading news from outlets like TechCrunch and the WSJ.
As PR Manager, you’ll also be expected to oversee, manage, and execute PR communication strategies in partnership with Amazon as it relates to the Neighbors app in addition to managing the PR Coordinators.
- Act as PR business partner for Amazon initiatives related to Ring
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in order to drive a successful PR strategy
- Manage Neighbors executive participation in industry events
- Coordinate app news across multiple businesses
- Build narratives and PR plans to support the Neighbors app and its commitment to connecting communities and making neighborhoods safer
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media
- Help manage external PR firms as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years public relations experience, with some of that spent on technology businesses
- An understanding and ability to tell stories
- An ability to work across and build relationships with multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Managed a team
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience executing PR strategies for major events or companies
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
- Outstanding attention to detail and bias for action, as well as a deep understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.