Product Marketing Manager - Subscriptions
Santa Monica, CA
Product / Program / Project Management
We are seeking a customer obsessed, driven product marketer to join the Go to Market (GTM) team to focus on growing the digital subscription business for Ring devices. In this role you will lead the product marketing efforts, with principal responsibility for product positioning and messaging. You will play a pivotal role in the launch process and lead post-launch efforts, including targeting, marketing plan development, channel execution, and success metric setting and reporting.
The ideal candidate will be metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. This person is able to drive focus and excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in marketing and product management, and with colleagues across the organization, including Brand Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and Business Intelligence.
To be successful in this role you will need to be creative and dedicated to continually testing, measuring and evolving new marketing programs that engage new and existing customers. He or she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Drive Go-To-Market strategy, including planning the launch of new product features and releases, market research, and managing the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Develop compelling positioning & messaging for Ring that differentiates us in the market and resonates with neighbors (customers)
- Lead Voice of Customer efforts -- be the expert on our buyers & customers, uncovering insights that lead to breakthrough messaging
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers and competitive positioning
- Market research and industry analysis
- 4+ years of progressive product marketing experience
- Ability to work in Santa Monica, CA with minimal work-related travel
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations
- Experience with MS Office: Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong listening skills, and the ability to influence decisions and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
- Ability to synthesize customer needs to improve customer experience
- Ability to create compelling marketing materials
- Quick decision-making abilities demonstrating bias for action under tight timing and pressure
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation