Sr Program Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
We are seeking a resourceful, motivated Senior Program Manager to join a newly formed team to focus on developing and executing operational programs across multiple ops teams and to help scale Ring’s business operations efficiently, while consistently advocating to improve the experience of our neighbors (what we call our customers).
In this role you will lead a number of new strategic initiatives aimed to accelerate Ring’s growth and profitability. You will identify neighbor engagement opportunities and build strong business cases that will lead tech teams to deploy scalable solutions.
The ideal candidate displays strong ownership and unique customer obsession, and is comfortable to take decisions based on data and metrics. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and influence peer teams (sometimes without formal authority) by communicating clearly and persuasively. You will drive operational excellence within the programs you own, while partnering with Product Management, Marketing, Operations, Sales and Finance teams.
- Design and build processes, mechanisms, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that will enable Ring’s operations (i.e. Customer Service, Supply Chain, Product Launch, etc.) to grow efficiently and in a scalable way
- Operate cross-functionally to create new Ops programs where the impact to the business – in terms of growth, profitability, and customer engagement and satisfaction - is clear and measurable
- Perform metrics analysis and identify opportunities for operational efficiency and cost out programs to drive savings and quality improvements across Community Support (CS), Supply Chain, and Product
- Lead the “Voice of Customer” and “Customer Insights” programs, capturing insights that lead to innovative processes and customer satisfaction
- Work alongside hardware and software teams to develop metrics, reports and analyses to identify key customer problems and drive product improvements
- 5+ years of product / project / program management experience
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role: able to pull data, capture insights from the data, and make strategic recommendations
- BA/BS Degree
- MBA or advanced degree
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence decisions and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Inner curiosity, willingness to challenge the status-quo in a constructive way and desire to learn new things
- Ambition to progressively become self-sufficient in identifying opportunities for improvement and build strategic programs from such opportunities
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points; exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a “customer-first” environment with a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable projects and programs
- Experience working with several cross-functional teams; leading by persuasion (better if backed by data), not by hierarchy
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.