Senior Technical Product Manager - Digital
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to join a rapidly growing team in the product organization. As a senior product leader, you will create and drive features that address customer pain points and help us grow the business. The ideal candidate will have experience in identifying customer needs, defining product strategy, and rolling up their sleeves to deliver successful launches.
You have a passion for IoT and want to push the boundaries of how things work together to make people's lives better. You are an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude. You thrive when moving a project from ambiguity to clarity. You’re a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership. You have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, and broad business experience. At Ring, you must be capable of sorting through many competing priorities, executing with precision, and succeeding in a complex and fast paced environment. If that challenge excites you, then we’d like to talk to you.
- Define the business strategy and product vision for your features.
- Drive feature development from conceptualization through launch with cross-functional teams – creating and managing actionable plans, work streams, tactics, and measurable success criteria.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, profitability, and operational support load, collaborating with technology teams, UX, and other teams.
- Solve ambiguous problems as well as proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Partner with UX and Research to define good outcomes for qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience for a diverse range of customers.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- Garner buy-in of your products and the larger vision with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business, Design or related Engineering field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in product management of consumer facing products, retail/ecommerce apps or web software environment.
- 2+ years developing iOS and/or Android mobile applications.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including internationally.
- MBA and/or advanced technical degree, from a top-tier program.
- Managing feature development from design to release for large-scale mobile applications.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with a proven track record of delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to deliver business insights, back-up hypotheses, uncover customer pain points, and make decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in agile development, with experience in use of JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with physical devices, IoT or similar, and the intersection of physical products, cloud and mobile.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.