Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Engineering – Engineering / Software
Ring is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join a team of hands-on, passionate professionals developing innovative products. You will be responsible for qualifying products and features developed by cross-functional sprint teams; developing test plans and test cases mapping to product requirements and technical implementations. In addition, you will be responsible for detecting and reporting UI, API, and system-wide issues and participating in triaging defects; automating test cases to assist with production release regression testing; and preparing test reports and release readiness reports for components, APIs, and product feature integrations.
- Work closely with cross-functional sprint teams to qualify and prepare to release Ring products and corresponding companion applications (mobile and web apps).
- Develop test plans and test cases mapping to product requirements and technical implementations.
- Prepare and distributes test reports and release readiness reports for stakeholder reviews.
- Actively contribute to QA support functions - UI and API Automation, triage issues, troubleshoot issues, conduct API tracing, and support production release testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, SDET, or similar QA role in a cross-functional sprint team.
- 1+ years of experience with Android, iOS, or other mobile application testing or development.
- 1+ years of experience in automating UI and API test cases.
- Experience in coordinating with cross-functional teams, developing test plans and test cases and mapping technical implementations.
- Experience in preparing and presenting test reports to stakeholders.
- Experience working in a MAC and Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines.
- Hands on experience working with IDEs - Android studio, Xcode, intelli J.
- Knowledge of wireless connectivity technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, and Zigbee.
- Experience with QA report management tools - Jira, Confluence, Testrail.
- Experience with production monitoring and deployment tools – Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, Jenkins.
- Knowledge of IOT device development or testing, specifically Home Security Systems.
- Knowledge of testing Alexa Skills and Alexa Voice Services.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and delivery quality products on time.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.