Director of Public Relations, Neighbors
Santa Monica, CA
Ring is looking for a world-class communications professional to lead its Neighbors app PR team. Ring first introduced the standalone Neighbors app in May of 2018, and despite it being less than a year since its availability, the app has seen incredible success, even making a debut in Apple’s “Top 10 Free Apps” list.
In this role, you will manage existing communications programs along with partnering with Neighbors business and marketing teams to develop new and compelling ways to educate the news media and consumers on the many benefits of the Neighbors app. You will recruit, develop, and lead a team of PR professionals and inspire his/her team and work effectively while managing the day-to-day operations of a high-performing team.
He or she is comfortable balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while sorting through ambiguously defined problems. Neighbors has a great story to tell, and we’re looking for the right candidate to exhibit the right judgement and tactical thinking to tell that story.
This role is based in Santa Monica and may require periodic travel.
- Lead and develop a small team of PR and communications managers
- Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy and programs that drive awareness for Neighbors (major partnership announcements, customer storytelling, industry specific PR programs, influencer education, etc.)
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers, and broadcasters across multimedia/entertainment venues, trade & vertical media, and business press
- Regularly interact with senior leadership to influence strategy and negotiate decisions related to major partnership launches and messaging
- Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
- Drive issues and crisis management programs and serve as a key internal and leadership communications counselor on issues
- 7+ years of experience in public relations, a significant piece of which should be spent on consumer/app technology, ideally in-house with a large and globally recognized brand, and leading a large PR organization
- 3+ years crisis communications experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience managing media relations for high-profile enterprise technology brands, products, and services
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Network of business and broadcast media contacts
- Demonstrated success working with senior leaders in high-profile situations
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Thrives in a deadline-driven, dynamic, and collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.