Embedded Systems Engineer, Sensor Research and Integration
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Hardware
As an embedded systems engineer at Ring focused on sensor research and integration, you will help bring industry-leading technologies to Ring’s home security product line. You will take concepts from the mock-up and prototype stage to mass production-ready. You have a knack for signal processing/analysis, control system theory, and have a hands-on approach to solving challenging engineering problems.
- Write robust device drivers for sensor peripherals
- Schematic capture and PCB layout design/review for chip-level integration
- 3+ years of engineering experience, relating to integration of hardware peripherals in embedded system designs
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing signal integrity on PCBs
- 2+ years of experience writing SPI/I2C drivers
- 2+ years of experience developing multithreaded C/C++ applications in both Linux and RTOS environments
- 2+ years of experience using Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, soldering stations, and other laboratory tools.
- 5+ years of engineering experience, relating to integration of hardware peripherals in embedded system designs
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or another relevant field.
- Experience with Multiphysics simulations
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.