Sr. Embedded Networking Systems Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Embedded
Ring is looking for a Sr. Embedded Networking Systems Engineer. This person will be a core member of the connectivity team and will work on maintaining and adding new connectivity features to all Ring devices and networking products. The ideal candidate would be passionate about building an IoT connected world.
- Lead the effort in defining and maintaining the architecture for Ring’s connected IoT products in the home.
- Ensure the platform and network architecture is best in class for stability, maintainability and extensibility.
- Utilize you your networking experience to define the implementation of new networked services and methods.
- Write architecture implementation requirements for development engineers to work against.
- Work on prototyping new concepts.
- Be a subject matter expert and deep dive into the most complex and obscure connectivity issues in WiFi, BLE or TCP.
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years developing and troubleshooting MAC, TCIP/IP and related networking stacks using Wireshark and other similar tools
- 10+ years of embedded development experience in C, and familiarity with ARM CPUs
- 5+ years writing low-level drivers, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware
- Experience with one of more commercial wireless protocols like ZigBee, Thread, BLE, or WiFi
- Familiar with higher layer networking protocols: Gateways, firewalls, DNS, LDAP, OSPF, etc
- Familiar with streaming protocols: RTSP, SIP a plus
- Good understanding of security methods such as TLS, WPA, WPA2, Secure Boot, etc
- Experience in firmware development and testing of battery powered products would be helpful.
- Experience with common bus protocols such as SDIO, SPI, I2C, and UART
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.