Sr Software Engineer
Engineering – Engineering / Embedded
Ring is looking for a talented Linux/C++ Engineer to help with development of the internal software that makes our security system run. As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with cross-discipline teams to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Our engineering team is full stack in the truest sense of the term, from web and mobile applications all the way down to firmware and electrical engineering. Your ownership can span across the application, device framework, connectivity stack and drivers. We are a team of inventors dedicated to building world-class products
- Work with product management and cross functional team to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences
- Implement features using C++, Golang and Java.
- Implement solutions in a Linux Environment
- Implement connectivity between our consumer devices and our micros services-based cloud environment
- Work with team to improve and tailor existing stack and applications to meet our needs
- Work with the hardware team to integrate devices and ensure correct excision of hardware and firmware
- Provide technical support for critical issues as reported by QA and customers
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience with C++ and/or Go Programming
- 3+ years of developing in a Linux environment
- 3+ years of experience building production applications at scale (think millions of requests per day
- 3+ years of experience working in an agile software development environment
- ZWave and/or Zigbee experience
- Experience with Docker in a production environment
- Experience with C++11
- Passionate about gadgets, IoT and smart devices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.