Senior Scrum Master - Mobile
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is looking for a Senior Scrum Master for our iOS and Android product engineering team. The focus of this role is to accelerate the pace of Ring’s invention and drive features that support our mission: to make Neighborhoods safer. The ideal candidate will have experience both in strategy definition and in rolling up their sleeves to do what it takes to get to a successful launch.
You live and breathe agility. You have helped teams deliver wonderful consumer experiences across iOS and Android apps, and cloud applications, at scale. You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You thrive when moving a project from ambiguity to clarity. You’re a natural collaborator and can connect the dots between engineering (mobile, cloud and firmware), product, QA, customer support and marketing. You pay attention to people, connect with them, and know how to achieve great things together. You have a strong sense of purpose and integrity, with deep emotional intelligence. Coaching people and teams to achieve their maximum potential is a reason for coming to work.
You have proven organizational capabilities, measurable improvement in team delivery velocity, developed your team members into superheroes, the tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Drive and own agile facilitation responsibilities across multiple software development teams in different geographic locations.
- Schedule, manage and facilitate backlog refinement, stand-ups and other team events.
- Facilitate meetings and communication between product development team members to ensure the highest value work is top priority in the backlog.
- Facilitate collaboration on a daily basis to remove impediments and reduce risk.
- Promote Agile values, principles and practices within the teams.
- Grow Agile maturity within product development team members, scaling best practices.
- Foster an environment of trust, collaboration and experimentation within the team.
- Build information radiators to ensure proper visibility and transparency between development teams, stakeholders, and the organization.
- Work closely with release management to ensure completion of quality features that meet our definition of done and dovetail into the application release cadence.
- Manage development team backlogs, work prioritization, assignment, and tracking in Jira.
- Create, manage and publish team metrics and reporting from Jira.
- Assist in the administration of Jira.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years experience working directly with software development teams
- 3+ years experience working as an Agile Facilitator/ScrumMaster across multiple cross-functional teams
- Expert level understanding of Jira administration
- Experience working and managing Atlassian suite tools
- Experience and knowledge of XP framework
- Excellent facilitation, conflict mediation, and situational awareness skills
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Knowledge of scaled Agile approaches
- Deep understanding of Agile values, principles, as well as KANBAN and Scrum frameworks
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.