Principal Product Manager
Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best-in-class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
As a Principal Product Manager working on emerging products, you will be directly responsible for defining and building an entirely new product for Amazon. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, product, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver these new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, technical invention, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon’s current businesses, including devices, retail, home services, and AWS.
You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for a team focused on future products, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. You will sit in the Devices Organization (the Org responsible for creating Echo, Alexa, Kindle, Fire TV and many other products), but you will work cross-functionally with product managers, engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams across several Amazon organizations to bring features and products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, be able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, show perseverance and steadfastness, love thinking about new products and technologies, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the definition, design and construction of products that delight consumers and compel them to engage despite an abundance of alternatives and distractions
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely and collaboratively with design and product teams from partner organizations
- Drive dialog with engineering teams and program management from multiple products to deliver integrated services
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 10+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
- Additionally, 5+ years of experience with product management or technical leadership on software platform products
- Experience leading cross-functional and cross-company teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience working on hardware and software, and launches combining the two
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Familiarity with mobile technology, web services, and back-end application infrastructure
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Passion for transformative user experiences
- Experience delivering consumer software and hardware products and services in a high growth environment
- Programmatic understanding of cloud services and device integration
- Experience developing rich device-driven experiences and cloud service integrations
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage tradeoffs
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and to drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.