Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
At Ring, our mission is to make neighborhoods safer with affordable smart security solutions designed for every home. Ring Protect is our subscription service that unlocks Video Recording for all Ring Doorbell and Camera devices and activates Professional Monitoring for Ring Alarm. This service is becoming a huge part of our business – and we need your help to own copy.
The CRM team is seeking an experienced copywriter who has a strong passion for customer experience, retention, acquisition, technology and well, words in general. Our ideal candidate has successfully strategized, concepted, executed and launched subscription-based email campaigns for large brands demonstrating an enthusiastic attitude, magnetic work ethic and excellence under tight timelines. The CRM Subscriptions Copywriter will work directly with the Lead Copywriter, Designers, Project Managers, Developers and QA to create compelling, surprise-and-delight creative in a neighborly voice that’s easy to digest for all Ring Protect subscribers. This copywriter will also have opportunities to assist with other CRM marketing, product launches, cross-channel marketing and general marketing at Ring.
- Concept, write and own all Ring Protect email messaging
- Work closely with copy lead, designers and program managers to improve overall branding, develop creative strategy, positioning and content for Ring Protect subscriptions
- Produce all copy in a neighborly, educational voice addressing common Ring Customer Service issues for subscribers
- Revise, edit and renovate previous subscription email campaigns to adhere to new Ring copy guidelines
- Focus on all cycles of subscription lifecycle, including onboarding, upsell, and winback
- Develop emails that provide further education around Ring Protect keeping subscribers engaged
- Test email copy to improve conversion, engagement and better understand the mindset of subscribers
- Partner with design and development to build more efficient processes and templatized approach to email campaigns
- 3+ years of relevant ad campaign copywriting at an advertising/design agency and/or large brand
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating high-level branding, email marketing, and customer-centered copy solutions
- Experience writing both short- and long-form copy across multiple online and offline marketing channels
- Experience with a subscription-based business platform
- Experience in A/B testing within the email space
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Word
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and previous experience driving creative strategy with stakeholders
- Passionate about tech products with understanding of user experience
- Experience with dynamic content in email campaigns
- Familiar with Customer IO, MailChimp or other email platforms
- Experience working in at least 1 Project Management Systems, like Jira, Trello, Asana, etc.
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding is a plus
- Technical writing background is a plus
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.