Sr. iOS Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Mobile
At Ring, we come to work every day with the mission of helping to make neighborhoods safer. Over the past few years we have learned that when residents, the Ring team, and local police all work together, we can create safer communities.
The Neighbors App was built for this very reason. Available to residents within the United States with an iOS or Android device, the Neighbors App sends you real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors, local police, and the Ring team.
The Neighbors team is looking for an iOS engineer who will help us create the next generation of mobile apps. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, and product managers to design, test, and iterate on solutions in a fast-paced environment.
As a Software Development Engineer for the Neighbors team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of the Neighbors App. This role involves design, architecture, implementation of user experiences to bring our neighbors together to build safer neighborhoods. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of features. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
- Develop and deliver new product features for our iOS application
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our neighbors
- Promote robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of application development experience with Android
- Development experience in Swift and Objective C environments
- Experience with iOS frameworks
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience communicating technical problems to both technical and business audiences verbally and in writing
- Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an Android app
- Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.