Santa Monica, CA
HR & Recruiting – HR / Recruiting
Ring is looking for an HR Specialist to join our Human Resources team. This position will be based in our Santa Monica, CA office and will also support a team in Las Vegas, NV.
The HR Specialist will support the Ring HR team and corporate customer base across various HR areas including onboarding of new hires, coordination of contingent workers, providing internal customer support, project management, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Initially, this role will focus heavily on leading the onboarding process and new hire orientation for both full-time and contingent workers as well as project coordination for HR initiatives.
This person must be a champion for continuous improvement and passionate about the HR customer and employee experience. This includes challenging the status quo where appropriate; suggesting policy or language changes where clarity and accuracy can be improved; and flagging wasteful or arduous processes, recommending solutions, and partnering on improvement initiatives.
In addition, you will quickly respond to incoming requests and effectively collaborate with HR colleagues and client teams, ensuring all requests are adequately resolved or connecting with other resources who can provide help on the requests. While you will be responsible for actively solving identified issues, you will also play a key role in identifying trends related to operational gaps as well as collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the problem does not happen again.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience
- Understanding of US employment law (Family and Medical Leave Act, Sick/Paid Time Off policies)
- PHR certification
- Experience working with Google Suite & Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Google docs, calendars)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience working within technology or consumer electronic industries, and within a complex, evolving work environment
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of Human Resources within the company
- Experience managing a high-volume workload and multiple priorities in an environment which demands strong deliverables
- Solutions-oriented focus; ability to identify problems and drive appropriate results
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Bias for action, strong work ethic and attention to detail; desire to achieve excellence and create a positive work environment
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.