Head of Social Media
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring’s Marketing Department is seeking a Head of Social Media to develop comprehensive, integrated social media strategies that drive engagement through Ring’s storytelling. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role will develop and manage a broad strategy to develop world-class standards for social media marketing. The ideal candidate will have proven experience using social media to strategically build brands, create attention, build communities, and generate user advocacy on a global scale. For Ring, they will market our products and services via social media (paid and organic) and content (blog, UGC, digital content platforms), crafting best-in-class campaigns that create transformative customer experiences across channels.
As a leader within the Marketing Department, they will formulate and implement best-practices, mechanisms, and measurement tools that provide exciting opportunities to engage audiences and leverage social media & content platforms. In addition, they will use their extensive marketing experience to find optimal paths to integrate social media content/activations into Ring’s other traditional and digital marketing activities.
Adopting a lead-from-the-front approach, this individual will build and develop a team, as well as work hands-on with Product, GTM, Acquisition Marketing, Life Cycle Marketing, Production, Creative, Operations, and eCommerce.
- Own the development of the strategic social media marketing plan and its associated budget across campaigns and channels.
- Work with Ring’s in-house Marketing team, outside agencies, publishers, platforms, and other partners to identify and activate creative and efficient ways to plan, execute, and measure social media marketing that connects with customers and enhance engagement.
- Lead the development and implementation of a wide range of content types: video, animation, still imagery, audio, blog/editorial, and other content that best utilizes relevant social media and digital platforms.
- Develop and lead the content strategy for social media, drawing upon Ring’s extensive storytelling narratives and content types.
- Measure and analyze performance and make both real-time and long-term recommendations for optimizations; create a framework for KPIs, goals, and attribution for success.
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy and Analytics to intimately understand Ring’s customers, products, and brand positioning.
- Become an expert and champion of Ring’s community, ensuring our content is focused on the needs of our Neighbors.
- Identify opportunities and own relationships with external customers.
- Work cross-functionally to execute on plans with various internal teams including Product, GTM, Acquisition Marketing, Life Cycle Marketing, Production, Creative, Operations, and eCommerce.
- Become an expert in Community, Cultural, Technological, and Market trends, provide inspiration and thought leadership on ways to reach and engage customers.
- Establish repeatable methodologies and mechanisms that enable frugal, fast, and responsive content development and distribution.
- Communicate learnings to from contributor to executive levels to aid in future planning and development of best-practices across the Marketing Department and larger organization.
- Work with analysts to develop reporting and dashboards for marketing programs, communicating out core information to Strategy, Acquisition, Retention, Business Intelligence, Creative, and PR teams.
- Build, lead, and manage a team of talented professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or relevant industry experience.
- 5+ years of marketing experience either in-house or at an advertising agency.
- 5+ years of social media marketing leadership either in-house or at an advertising agency
- 3+ years of experience managing direct reports.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience managing and executing large-scale paid social and digital media channel programs for a consumer electronics company or global brand.
- 5+ years of managerial experience, including hiring, developing, and motivating a social media and content team to perform at the highest level.
- Track record of driving adoption of new ideas and concepts, and developing novel approaches within your team or company.
- Case studies of engagements directly led that demonstrate development and execution of social media strategies that connected with audiences, grew communities, and delivered on KPIs.
- Advanced decision-making skills with proven ability to drive direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation creation skills.
- Ability to think creatively with a passion for developing and delivering big ideas for customers.
- Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards.
- Desire to mentor across the team, department, and larger organization.
- Ability to work across multiple simultaneous assignments and operate autonomously in an ambiguous, start-up environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Tableau and SQL.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From thevideo doorbell, toRing Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.