Trade Compliance Analyst
Santa Monica, CA
Operations – Operations / Logistics
Ring is currently seeking a Trade Compliance Analyst to join a rapidly growing team. You will be part of the Ring Supply Chain team delivering on complex Trade Programs. As a member of Supply Chain, we are responsible for the classification of products in our database which facilitate the importation of our products safely meeting all local laws and regulations. We also prevent the sale of items that are prohibited by law or regulations. In the global trade and direct import areas we are accountable for the import tariff classification and ensure imported products have had proper testing for safety and operability.
- Perform regulatory research and write product rules based on existing regulatory assessment and checklists and well communicate with business partner;
- Leverage technology to manage compliance processes, create and maintain regulatory content database
- Build and strengthen the connection with internal teams and service providers
- Be familiar with the policy and guidelines of e-commerce and import/export tariff; with strong understanding of product categorization and search engine methodologies
- The ability to interpret the concept into executable database queries to categorize products from different perspectives
- Act as point of contact for process-related/operational queries for associates within the team and will also work on business and stakeholder correspondence.
- Support Import and Export Operations
- Audit, track, maintain and report out on quality metrics.
- Proficiency in communication skills to work with different functional teams to create/modify/update trade rules/regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years utilizing Excel including pivot tables and equations
- 4+ years utilizing Microsoft business software (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 3+ years utilizing with Google platform (Google Docs, Etc)
- 1+ year experience with import/export functions
- Experience with ERP systems, JIRA and SQL
- Ability to use data and metrics to make and support decisions
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to leadership both verbally and in writing
- Capacity for problem solving and demonstrated multi-task capabilities and agility to innovate and simplify current processes and practices
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing or freight forwarding company
- Experience with Class 9 Hazmat /Dangerous Goods
- 3+ years of experience in HTS & ECCN classification, with strong knowledge in Import & Export regulations, Free trade agreements (FTA), Country of origin (COO)
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.